Income Tax Filing Assistance

Free Tax Filing for Federal & State Returns

In 2009, United Way partnered with H&R Block to offer a free online tax filing service for filers who have simple tax returns, You can file both your federal and state returns for free. 

To access the free version, please visit and click the "File Now" button. You can create a new H&R block account or log in to an existing account. A valid email address is required.

If you have issues with the MyFreeTaxes website, you can access other free filing tools online via the IRS FreeFile initiative.

Free Tax Assistance

Sometimes you need a little more help with your taxes than online filing can provide, but professional services are just too expensive for your household. 

The Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors. The IRS-certified volunteers who provide tax counseling are often retired individuals associated with non-profit organizations that receive grants from the IRS.
RSVP of Clinton County, IA at 1900 N. 3rd St., offers TCE, call 563-243-7787 for an appointment.